Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bittersweet September 14th


Today is Family Day. Two years ago today was a terribly traumatic day for my daughter and me. I don't forget the courage she needed to become part of our family. She is my hero.

Today my dad died. On the two year anniversary of "Gotcha Day". My dad was a genius wrapped in his own mind and for the past months, trapped in his own body. In many ways, I am very much like him. In other ways, I am different. His actions made me independent and able to face the world.


This morning, after I told Rebecca, she gave very mature responses. She said that Grandpa was in Heaven and that today is a happy AND a sad day. She 'gets' it. I'm a very lucky person.


In Memory of: Dr. Richard Sonshine
May 16, 1940 - September 14, 2011



7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that grief of losing a dad. What a great response from Rebecca. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sadden to read that you lost your father today. I pray that your heart will be comforted with God's love and peace in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss. May God's peace give you comfort during this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. May God be your comfort during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margo, I am so sorry for the loss of you father today. So sorry, My father also passed this Spring, I will be keeping you and your precious family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margo and family, Jim and I are sorry for your loss, but very glad you were able to go up and spend some time with him in Jersey. We hope that is some small comfort to you and your family.

    Fondly
    Donna and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. i knew your father for a long time on a mmorpg he played, found this today, im sorry for your loss, he was a great kind man.

    ReplyDelete