Wednesday, September 2, 2009

8 Days and Counting

Travel to get Rebecca Xiu is getting closer and closer. Today, I wasted a day of leave because I had to wait for my passports to be delivered to my house with the Chinese Visas. Of course, FedEx didn't come until 3:30 p.m. The Chinese Visas are very pretty with a picture of the Great Wall.
Oh well, I got a lot of cleaning and laundry done. I also fine-tuned our hotel reservation in Guangzhou. We upgraded to a business room with king size bed and a cot for Rebecca and 2 adult breakfasts. We will pay for Rebecca's breakfast when we get there because her price is based on her height. The upgrade, breakfasts, and free internet access is still less expensive than then original hotel our agency booked for us. It is just a short 2-block walk to meet the travel group at the other hotel.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you were able to switch over! I wake up every day thinking, wow! she is getting closer to meeting her little girl! :)

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast price is based on height? Wow, that's a new one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your leave wasn't wasted -- look what you accomplished!! I'm loving your updates and so excited for y'all! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete