Monday, June 29, 2009

Just When I Was Able to Make a Full Sentence...

Those who see me on a regular basis know that I've been taking Chinese lessons on and off for way over a year. So I just started taking some refresher lessons from a local college student. Of course, I was excited to show her some of my new files, and she said, "Oh, she probably speaks Cantonese."
Which just leads me back to the same conclusion that there is no way to prepare for international adoption. Everything just keeps changing! I can finally say "I want to buy two apples" in Mandarin, but it won't matter, because no one will understand me anyway in the province I will be going to. Well, I better go find out what language my daughter speaks!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited! Can't wait for my new niece!

    ReplyDelete